MUSKEGON, Mich – A fire destroyed an attached garage late Wednesday evening, but the house appears to be salvageable.
The residence is located in the 4800 block of Kathryn Street in Fruitport Township, southwest of Muskegon.
The home owner arrived at home sometime after 9 p.m. and noticed that his electronic cigarette was smoking. He thought it was just from his last session and left it alone. The man told FOX 17 News he went to take a shower, but instantly knew something was wrong.
That’s when the home owner says, a strong scent of smoke filled the house. He went to open the door to the garage and noticed the entire structure was engulfed in flames.
Fire officials say the attached structure is a complete loss, but the house will be salvageable. Most damage to the inside of the residence is smoke related.
No one was injured during the incident.