FOX 17 Funny But True OFFICIAL RULES
“Funny but True Giveaway”
Morning News Sweepstakes
Official Rules – FOX 17 WXMI
1. TO ENTER: You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Michigan to enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes runs from 5:00AM EST on Monday, March 4, 2013 through 8:59AM EST on Friday, March 8, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and entries must be received by 8:59AM EST Friday, March 8, 2013. To enter log onto www.fox17online.com, follow the contest link and Funny but True AM News Sweepstakes link and fully complete and submit an online entry form. Limit one entry per person and per e-mail address; subsequent entries from a single e-mail address will be deleted. Entrants must use their own name. Copies or other mechanical reproductions, facsimiles, entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Each day throughout the contest entry period FOX 17 will air a Funny but True segment during FOX 17 Morning News, which airs from 5:00AM EST – 9:00AM EST. During that segment we’ll present a graphic that will contain 3 news headlines. 1 of the 3 will be an actual news headline, the other 2 will be fictitious. Viewers will fill out the official contest entry form, as outlined in section 1 above and attempt to identify the news headline that was an actual news headline. After 9:00AM EST each day throughout the contest entry period FOX 17 WXMI will randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries who correctly identified the actual news headline, subject to verification and compliance with the rules. Winner will be notified by telephone before 12 noon each day throughout the contest entry period. Those 5 winners will constitute our daily winners. In addition, on Friday, March 8, 2013 in addition to randomly selecting 1 daily winner, we’ll also select 1 grand prize winner from among our 5 daily prize winners. That randomly selected winner will be our grand prize winner. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. If an entrant selected as a winner cannot be reached by telephone after reasonable time and effort, is found to be ineligible, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, that entrant shall be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected at random from among remaining entries.
3. PRIZES: Subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules, daily prize winners will each receive (1) Lewis Black – In God We Rust DVD (approximate retail value: $14.99). Our grand prize winner will receive the following prize pack: (2) tickets to Lewis Black show on March 14, 2013 at DeVos Performance Hall; a 16GB iPad; a $50 iTunes gift card (approximate retail value of gran prize package: $520.00). Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. One prize per person and per household, with the exception of the grand prize winner who will receive a daily prize in addition to the grand prize package. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Winner will be required to pickup prize in person at FOX 17 WXMI during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM at 3117 Plaza Drive NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Winner may be required to show proof of identity and eligibility and sign a Prize Acceptance form when picking up their prizes. Returned or unclaimed prizes will be forfeited, and no alternate prize shall be awarded.
4. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decision is final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants 18 years of age and older agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winner by acceptance of their prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prize winner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to receiving their prize. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for their prize. For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after Wednesday, March 13, 2013 to: List of Winners, Funny but True Sweepstakes, FOX 17 WXMI, 3117 Plaza Drive NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Requests for winners’ names must be received by Friday, April 12, 2013.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor or their immediate family members, or to employees or immediate family of any of Sponsor’s affiliated companies, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies.
6. SPONSOR: Sweepstakes is sponsored by FOX 17 WXMI, 3117 Plaza Drive NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525. Void where prohibited or restricted.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS
SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Michigan law, excluding choice of law provisions.