Weather

Snow-mageddon? Not Even Close.

WEST MICHIGAN — (FOX 17) — It’s hard to imagine based on the sunny, mild day on Monday, but winter is returning to West Michigan late in the day on Tuesday.

This image is from FOX 17′s in-house computer model. It shows that by Wednesday afternoon, most areas will have 1 to 3 inches of snow, with heavier totals on the east side of the state. This may be a bit underdone for us, but I still don’t think this will be a big snow for us here. On average, I would expect 2 to 4 inches accumulation, with some higher amounts possible along and south of I-94.

All of West Michigan is currently under a winter storm watch, though I suspect most areas will not be placed into a winter storm warning.

For the latest, join us tonight on FOX 17 News, or visit the weather page at http://www.fox17online.com/weather

6 Comments to “Snow-mageddon? Not Even Close.”

KJC said:
    February 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I appreciate the way you deliver the forecasts. You don't hype it up like others in the area, who make it sound like 4 inches is the worst thing to happen in Michigan in the winter. I believe you keep it real, and don't state for certain, because I believe you realize there is a certain amount of uncertainty in forecasting the weather

Karen said:
      February 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Well said!

Judi Tieri said:
    February 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I agree with KJC!!!
    Judi Tieri

kevin said:
    February 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

i agree

GSP said:
    February 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

totally agree! Some of the other stations…(without mentioning n8mes) seem to want to scare the audience, rather then inform them, as you do. Keep up the great work!

Lundy1997 said: