Cabela’s officially opens its first store in West Michigan, located at 3000 44th Street SW east of Rivertown Crossings Grandville.
And to commemorate it’s opening day, the store has planned a weekend-long celebration, complete with celebrity appearances, family events, and giveaways.
The grand opening weekend will kick off at 10:45 a.m. Thursday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Speakers will include Cabela’s Chief Executive Officer Tommy Millner and Grandville Mayor James Buck, among other special guests. The ceremony will conclude with Chad Schearer, host of “Shoot Straight TV,” shooting the ribbon with a bow and arrow.
And that’s just the beginning of the celebration of Cabela’s 43rd retail location across the United States and Canada:
- Chad, Marsha, Wyatt and Walker Schearer of “Shoot Straight TV” kick off a weekend of guests. They’ll be on hand Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cabela’s Pro Staffer Mark Millis will be at the store Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Steven Rinella, host of “MeatEater,” will appear Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- R. Lee Ermey, “The Gunny,” Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Les Stroud, star of “Survivorman,” Saturday from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Buck Knives Pro Staffers Chris and Casey Keefer, hosts of “Back Country Quest” and “Dropped: Project Yukon,” Saturday 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Jimmy Gretzinger and Jenny Olsen of Michigan Out of Doors TV, Sunday 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Family activities will include fish feeding demonstrations at the store’s 6,000-gallon aquarium, Saturday 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; youth archery instruction, Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday; Dutch Oven cooking demonstrations, Saturday and Sunday 3 to 5 p.m.
The 88,000-square-foot store includes thousands of quality outdoor products as well as the replica of a mountain, wildlife displays, aquarium, boat shop, indoor archery range, Gun Library, Bargain Cave, Deli and Fudge Shop.
Hours will be 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. To contact the store, please call (616) 682-6700.