DETROIT, Mich. — Friday is a day that Tigers fans have been looking forward to ever since the last game of the 2012 World Series.
The Detroit Tigers hold their season opener at Comerica Park Friday against the New York Yankees.
FOX 17’s Nicole DiDonato was live from inside the park all morning long starting at 5:00 a.m.
For information on seating, tickets, and other details for the 2013 season, click here.
Here’s how the day is scheduled to go in Detroit:
- 10:30:00 AM Gates open to Comerica Park
- 10:35 – 11: 25 Detroit Tigers Batting Practice
- 11:25 – 12:10 New York Yankees Batting Practice
- 12:35:00 2012 American League Champions Flag Raising
- 12:42:00 Introduction of the New York Yankees
- 12:47:00 Introduction of the Detroit Tigers
- 12:54:00 Military Recognition and Honor Guard Introduction – Michigan Joint Honor Guard,
- featuring all five branches of the Armed Services
- 12:56:00 National Anthem – Motown Legends, The Four Tops
- 12:59:30 Ceremonial First Pitch
- 1968 World Series Champion and hometown hero Willie Horton will throw the
- ceremonial first pitch and his teammate on the 1968 team and Tigers radio
- broadcaster, Jim Price, will be catching the first pitch
- 1:01:30 Game Ball Delivery
- Staff Sergeant Patrick Jefferson of the United States Air Force
- 1:06:00 Tigers Take the Field
- 1:08:00 Game Begins