Give-A-Glove Campaign Is Underway
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The West Michigan Whitecaps and Fifth Third Bank are once again joining forces with the Grand Rapids YMCA to try and give young ballplayers some help.
The annual Give-A-Glove campaign got underway today with a press conference at the downtown Grand Rapids YMCA.
“Part of our mission is to give back to a community that has supported us for 19 seasons. The Inner City Youth Baseball/Softball Program is a great way for kids to learn baseball and life skills that will help them throughout their years. The glove drive is vital to the league and we’re proud to help anyway we can,” explained Lew Chamberlin, CEO/Managing Partner Whitecaps Professional Baseball. “The Inner City Youth Baseball Program is something that all Grand Rapids’ residents should be proud of, because children who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate in such summer activities are given the opportunity to do so,” said Andy Page, Vice President of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids. “As you see the smiles on the kids faces and watch them grow and prosper throughout the summer you realize just how impactful the program is at an individual level.”
For information about the Inner City Youth Baseball Program call the YMCA at (616) 855-9622.
Everyone who donates a glove receives
- FOUR tickets to a 2013 West Michigan Whitecaps’ home game
- a coupon for a free combo meal at Wendy’s
- a family guest pass to any GRYMCA location.
This important community-wide initiative runs from May 8 to June 1, 2013.
Drop off gloves at Grand Rapids area Fifth Third branch, Fifth Third Ballpark during any home game or these YMCAs:
- David D. Hunting YMCA, 475 Lake Michigan Dr. NW, Grand Rapids
- Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA, 6555 Jupiter Ave. NE, Belmont
- Spartan Stores YMCA, 5722 Metro Way, Wyoming
- Visser Family YMCA, 3540 Fairlanes Ave. SW, Grandville
- Lowell YMCA, 1335 W. Main St., Lowell
- Southeast YMCA, 730 Forest Hill Ave. SE, Grand Rapids