Smithsonian Magazine reports that an estimated 20 percent of people are unlucky enough to get bitten more than everyone else.
Some of the things that may make you stand out to the pesky bugs include:
- Alcohol- just one drink can make you more attractive
- Pregnancy- an expecting woman can receive up to twice as many bites as a non-pregnant person
- Blood type- people with Type O blood are more susceptible
- Exercise- your sweat can help the mosquitoes find you
- Clothing- if you’re partial to red, navy or black, you may stand out more to mosquitoes