GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.- A lot of great, FREE and discounted opportunities allow you to get into the holiday spirit with family and friends. In many cases, they also provide you with the opportunity to snag one-of-a-kind gifts around West and Southwest Michigan this weekend.
Remember, if your community is having family friendly events, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Uptown Holiday Shop Hop, Grand Rapids: Thursday, Dec. 5 from 4p.m. to 10 p.m.
- This event includes shops, with some discounts, in Eastown, East Fulton, East Hills and Wealthy St.
- Stroll around or feel free to hop on one of the free shuttles to enjoy the wonderful festive, event
GRYP(Grand Rapids Young Professionals) Holiday Unwind, San Chez Bistro, Grand Rapids: Thursday, Dec. 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sampling of tapas and opportunity to purchase additional food/beverage tickets
- Great place to network! Bring those business cards!
Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at the GRAM, Grand Rapids: Friday, Dec. 6 from 5:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Marks the opening of Rosa Parks Circle Ice Rink
- Friday, Dec. 6 free from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 7, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (free public admission)
John Ball Zoo, Christmas With the Animals: Saturday, Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Click link to see how to get your family in for FREE
Breakfast With Santa at the Salvation Army KROC Center, Grand Rapids: Saturday, Dec. 7 at 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. along with Noon to 2p.m.
Christmas in Lakeview (Montcalm County): Friday, Dec. 6 and Saturday Dec. 7
- From a Cookie Walk Sale, holiday crafts for kids along with a Santa and Mr. Claus Open House, click on the link above for details.
Hastings Holiday Hop: Friday, Dec. 6 from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Art Hop, Holidays in Wayland: Friday, Dec. 6 from 5p.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, Dec. 7
- Crafts, artist demonstrations, tree lighting at 7 p.m. Friday
- Saturday, 7 a.m.: Fire Department Breakfast followed by 11 a.m. parade/visits with Santa]
Coopersville Santa Claus Parade: Friday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m.
Downtown Grandville Christmas Parade: Friday, Dec. 6 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Art Hop & More, Kalamazoo: Begins Friday, Dec. 6 at 5p.m.
Holiday Art Sale, Kalamazoo Institute of Arts: Friday, Dec. 6 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2013 International Festival of Lights, Live Nativity, Battle Creek : Friday Dec. 6-8, from 6 to 9 p.m. every night