News

10 Escape from Overnight House Fire

douglas fireGRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Ten people — and a cat — managed to escape safely from an overnight fire at a duplex in Grand Rapids.

The call came in early Sunday morning, for a fire on Douglas NW.  At one point, crews were unsure if everyone had made it out safely, so they began searching for anyone who may still be inside.

Once they determined all residents were out of the home, firefighters had to take a defensive approach to getting the flames under control.

Crews believe the fire started in the walls of the upper level, and may have been electrical in nature.

There were no injuries at the scene.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement