News

11-Month Old Dies In Apartment Fire

Fire unit front night

File photo

STURGIS, Mich. — An 11-month-old child died and the parents treated at a hospital after a fire at Gateway Village Apartments early Sunday.

Fire units were called to an apartment around 5:37 a.m. where the parents woke up to flames in their bed. All three were taken to the hospital, where the child was pronounced dead.

The child was found in a bedroom, and responders performed CPR before getting the baby to the hospital.

Residents were evacuated from the building and given shelter at Sturgis Young Auditorium. Some were expected to be allowed to return to their apartments later Sunday, said the Sturgis Police Department.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

1 Comment to “11-Month Old Dies In Apartment Fire”

    Natasha said:
    December 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

    Sorry for there lost!! I would be really really sad if I lost my son or any child of mine. Prayers are being sent

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement