Residents Escape Overnight House Fire; Pet May be Unaccounted For
MARNE, Mich. — Everyone managed to make it out safe from an overnight fire in Ottawa County, but there may still be a pet that’s unaccounted for.
The first call came in shortly after midnight early Friday morning, for a residential fire at 3777 Johnson Street in Marne. The caller advised that everyone was out of the home. When crews arrived, the structure was fully-engulfed in flames, and they began calling for extra departments to help get the fire under control.
Firefighters got the bulk of the fire knocked down, but had to take a defensive approach due to safety concerns within the home.
Aside from the pet that was unaccounted for at the time of this post, there were no other injuries reported at the scene.