GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.- You may have lived here your entire life but do you know the history behind Grand Rapids?
The Grand Rapids Public Library is helping you dive in with a day long series on the history of the city.
It is on Saturday, January 18th from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Main Library. Each session lasts 45 minutes. The event is free and open to the public.
Session topics include:
- Women and WWII: New Roles and Old Stereotypes
- When the Automobile Came to the Furniture City
- Mr. Rover Visits Grand Rapids
- The Mystery of West Michigan’s Sunken Canoes
- Remembering Grandville Avenue
- Still Standing: 40 Years of Historic Preservation