Files Reveal Extensive Record for Holland Deadly Stabbing Suspect
HOLLAND, Mich (February 20, 2014) – The woman accused of stabbing and killing her roommate in Holland on Wednesday has an extensive record, online records show.
42-year-old Jodie Christine Mclean was arraigned on Open Murder and Manslaughter charges in 58th District Court on Thursday. She’s accused of stabbing and killing 38-year-old Steven Michael Gordon at their home on East 20th Street Wednesday night.
Investigators say another resident at the home attempted to intervene during a domestic dispute between Mclean and Gordon, however Mclean was able to grab a knife and stab Gordon causing life threatening injuries.
Gordon was transported to Holland Community Hospital by American Medical Response after being treated by Holland Fire and paramedics at the scene. Gordon died from his injuries overnight.
Online records show several past convictions for Mclean, including the following:
- 1989 – Misdemeanor Assault in Holland
- 1993 – Misdemeanor Malicious Destruction of Property in Ottawa County
- 1996 – Misdemeanor Operating Vehicle without License, Operating While Intoxicated in Holland
- 1999 – Misdemeanor Resisting & Obstructing an Officer, Operating While Intoxicated, Malicious Destruction of Property in Allegan County
- 2004 – Misdemeanor Breaking & Entering, Operating Vehicle without License, Forgery of I.D. in Van Buren County
- 2004 – Misdemeanor Operating While Intoxicated, Malicious Destruction of Property in Allegan County
- 2011 – Misdemeanor Domestic Violence in Ottawa County
- 2013 – Misdemeanor Domestic Violence in Ottawa County
Mclean is being held at the Ottawa County Jail without bond until her preliminary examination.