Death Of 2-Year-Old May Have Been From Infection
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (March 27, 2014) — Early results of an investigation into the death Wednesday of a two-year-old indicate the child may have died from a bacterial infection, the Kent County Health Department said Thursday.
“Based on the preliminary test results, there appears to be no public health threat,” said health officer Adam London in a statement. Precautions have been taken for the family, though they are not considered at risk and neither is the public, he said.
Further tests will be done. The investigation is being conducted by the KCHD and the Office of the Medical Examiner.