Part Of Downtown Ionia Evacuated Due To Gas Leak
IONIA, Mich. (June 20, 2014) — A two-block portion of downtown Ionia was evacuated Friday morning due to a gas leak caused by a construction crew.
The Ionia Central Dispatch Facebook page pointed to a crew working at 220 W. Main Street in an alley behind the law firm of Duff & Chadwick.
The gas line break occurred around 10:30 a.m.
The evacuation area included W. Main Street M-21 between Kidd Street and Steele Street.
A utility crew was said to be enroute.