Fire in chimney spreads, 4 escape unharmed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
flames

FREMONT, Mich. — A family of four is getting some help from the American Red Cross, after their home was damaged in what started as a chimney fire.

It happened at a home on S. Luce in Fremont.  According to Newaygo County dispatchers, there was a fire in the chimney, and the residents were able to evacuate the house.

Eventually, four fire departments were called to the scene.  There were no injuries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s