Meth lab found in burning motel room in Walker

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WALKER, Mich–Police and fire crews responding to a fire in motel room in Wallker Tuesday morning quickly realized they had more than just an accidental fire on their hands.

A quick search of the room found a “one-pot” meth lab in the bathroom, which had exploded, catching the room on fire.

It happened at the America’s Best Inn at 777 3-Mile Northwest in Walker just after midnight on Tuesday.

When Walker police arrived the occupants of the room had left in a vehicle, and the fire had been put out.

Police secured the area and evacuated the surrounding rooms. They also called the Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (KANET) to the scene, along with the MSP Meth Response Team. Those agencies assisted with cleaning up the meth and the lab components.

No one was injured, and the investigation into who was in the room at the time of the fire continues.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

2 comments