KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Is your smart phone making you dumber? In the video above, a Kansas City reporter asks some basic knowledge questions of people he met on downtown streets.
See how many of the 20 questions (below) you can answer without checking your phone’s search engine! Then check the answers.
Ready, Set, Go! (No cheating!)
Random general knowledge questions (with credit to various ‘quiz’ sites including Mental Floss):
- What is 15 percent of $50?
- Who is the Vice President of the United States?
- From memory, what is your best friend’s phone number?
- Name the states that border Missouri?
- Whose face is on a $20 bill?
- How many cups are in a gallon?
- What happened on December 7, 1941?
- Who is famous for painting Mona Lisa?
- Which month is Black History Month in the USA?
- What is the name of the poker hand containing three-of-a-kind and a pair?
- Who wrote the ‘Harry Potter’ series?
- How many syllables make up a haiku?
- In what country were the 2014 Winter Olympics held in town of Sochi?
- How many Supreme Court justices are there?
- Who is the governor of Kansas?
- How is the number 5 written in Roman numerals?
- How many keys are on a standard piano?
- What is the square root of 16?
- In which American city would you find the headquarters of General Motors?
- How many X chromosomes do women have?