(CNN) — Flames and thick plumes of black smoke from a quick-spreading fire engulfed the 14th-floor pool deck of a sprawling Las Vegas Strip resort Saturday.
Videos posted on social media showed the inferno consuming the poolside tent-like cabanas, imitation palm trees, and just about everything else on the open-air deck of the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas hotel.
An unknown number of guests and employees at the 3,000-room resort were evacuated. There were no serious injuries, but two people suffered smoke inhalation, according to Clark County Fire Chief Greg Cassell.
Amy Rossetti, vice president of public relations for the Cosmopolitan, said the fire started at about 12:15 p.m. (3:15 p.m. ET) and was contained to the Bamboo Pool, located in the resort’s west end tower.
“The pool was fully loaded,” Cassell said.