Saturday last day to apply for absentee ballots by mail
WEST MICHIGAN — Saturday, March 5, is the last day for voters to apply for absentee ballots by mail.
Clerks’ offices in Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, and Holland will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for voters to request absentee ballots for the upcoming presidential primary election. This is the last opportunity for those who wish to mail in an absentee ballot to apply.
The form that must be filled out for an absentee ballot can be found here.
Absentee ballots are available to anyone who meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Voter is at least 60 years old.
- Voter expects to not be in the area they’re registered to vote in on Election Day.
- Voter is physically unable to attend the polls without assistance.
- Voter cites religious reasons for not being able to attend the poll.
- Voter has been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct they’re registered to vote in.
- Voter cannot attend the polls because they’re in jail awaiting trial or arraignment.
Voters are asked to bring photo ID with them to register or sign an affidavit stating they do not have picture identification with them.
Michigan’s presidential primary election will be held Tuesday, March 8.