Lots more chances to drive between the barrels this week
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Many new construction zones were opened on Monday. Here’s fair warning on projects that are new this week:
- In addition to the lane closures over I-96, now there are lane closures between Forest Hill Avenue and Medical Park Dr just to the west. The asphalt pavement will be replaced with concrete. Eventually, the rest of Cascade Road between Forest Hill Avenue and I-96 will be repaved.
M-45/Lake Michigan Drive
- Lane closure just east of Kinney Avenue through August 12 for construction of a pedestrian tunnel under the road.
- Lane closure between Crahen Avenue and Forest Hill Avenue, with westbound lane closures 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and eastbound lane closures 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. to allow for commuter traffic.
College Avenue, Grand Rapids
- Northbound College Avenue closed from I-196 to Leonard Street for resurfacing until May 16.
I-194 and M-66, Battle Creek
- Lane closures between a point south of Columbia Avenue on I-194 to Capital Avenue on M-66 until June 17.