River Bank Run road closures begin
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Those preparing to head to downtown Grand Rapids Friday or Saturday have some extra road closures to plan around.
Starting Friday at 1:00pm, some downtown streets will begin closing for the Fifth Third River Run on Saturday morning. People attending the Friday night Garth Brooks shows at the Van Andel Arena may be impacted by these closings.
- 1:00pm Friday – Monroe Center between Monroe Avenue and Ottawa will be closed.
- 3:00pm Friday – Ottawa from Michigan to Lyon will be closed, except the west lane from Michigan to the Government Parking Lot will be open until 8:00pm.
- 6:00pm Friday – Lyon between Ionia and Monroe will be closed. Cars leaving the Ellis Parking Lot on Lyon will only be able to go west.
- 4:30am Saturday – Monroe Avenue between Michigan and Pearl will close with limited access to Grand Rapids Government and Fifth Third parking lots until 5:30am from Michigan Street. Also, the eastbound lanes of Bridge Street between Monroe and Scribner will close and Ottawa from Pearl to Fulton will close.
- 5:30am Saturday – Monroe Avenue between Pearl and Louis closes.
- 6:00am Saturday – Ottawa from Pearl to Fulton closes. Pearl at Monroe Avenue closes.
- 6:45am Saturday – All 5K course streets including Market to Cherry close. U.S. 131 at Pearl northbound and southbound ramps close until about 9:30am.
- 7:25am Saturday – All 10k course street close. Westbound Wilson between 28th Street and Butterworth will be one lane. Butterworth between Wilson and Veterans Memorial Drive closes.
- 7:55am Saturday – Market and Wealthy intersection closes. All downtown streets along the 25k course close.
These streets will be closed until Noon Saturday:
- Pearl between Monroe and Ionia
- Monroe Center between Monroe and Ionia
- Louis between Monroe and Ionia
- Fulton between Winter and Ottawa
- Monroe between Michigan and Fulton
These streets will be closed until about 5:00pm Saturday:
- Ottawa between Michigan and Pearl
- Lyon between Monroe and Ionia
These ramps are projected to close:
- I-196 at Market – between 8:00am and 9:15am
- US-131 at Market – between 8:00am and 9:00am
- US-131 at Pearl – between 6:45am and 10:30am
For full parking lot and traffic directions, visit the Fifth Third River Bank Run traffic site here.