New road work means busy week for crews
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — New city, county, and state projects began Monday:
- May 16: Right lane closed for repair on southbound US-131 from M-57 14 Mile to Post Drive 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- May 16 – August: All traffic is on the northbound side with two lanes between 8th Street and Ransom Street. But southbound US-31 is one lane from James Street to 8th Street. The on-ramps to US-31 from Lakewood Boulevard and from Chicago Drive/I-196BL closed.
US-31, Grand Haven
- May 16: Lane closure on northbound US-31 on the bascule bridge over the Grand River until 3 p.m. for bridge inspection.
- May 17: Lane closuring on southbound US-31 on the bascule bridge over the Grand River until 3 p.m. for bridge inspection.
Lake Drive, East Grand Rapids
- May 16 – June 10: Lake Drive closed east of Breton Road. Use Hall Street between Breton Road and Lake Street.
West River Drive, Plainfield Township
- May 16: Right lane closures in both directions for patching between 4 Mile Road in Comstock Park and Northland Drive.
Kalamazoo Avenue, Grand Rapids
- May 16 – May 27: Lane closures at 36th Street. From May 23 to May 27, 36th Street will be closed at the intersection.
Lincoln Lake Avenue, Grattan Township
- May 16 – November 1: Lincoln Lake Avenue closed for three-phase reconstruction between 5 Mile and M-44 Belding Road. Use Gavin Lake Avenue as detour.
136th Avenue, Holland
- May 16 – October 30: 136th Avenue closed north of Greenly Street. Use 144th Avenue as detour.