1. The Republican National Convention picks up steam today as the party officially nominates Donald Trump for president.
The convention's beginning was unconventional from the #nevertrump revolt, to Trump's WWE-style entrance as he introduced his wife, Melania Trump.
Trump said he was "very proud" of Melania, but a section of her speech appears to have been plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s speech at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
Today's focus now shifts to the economy as two of Trump's children, Tiffany and Donald Jr., plan to speak.
2. If you or someone you know is looking for a job, LG Chem Michigan is looking for people to fill a number of positions
The job fair is today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Michigan Works Center on Clover Street in Holland.
Positions include technical operators, maintenance technicians, production engineers and supervisors.
Some jobs start at $13-50 an hour.
The company makes large lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles.
Dress business casual and be sure to bring your resume.
3. A local brewery is ready to let the sun shine in. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held at Brewery Vivant today to commemorate the installation of new solar panels.
The Grand Rapids brewery recently installed 192 panels, which are expected to produce about 20 percent of the energy they need to operate.
The owners say that renewable energy has been a goal for them since opening in 2010.
Mayor Rosalynn Bliss is expected to be there for the ceremony at 4 p.m. along with other city leaders.
4. Swing dancers in Grand Rapids will try to reclaim a world record for the largest swing dance tonight at Rosa Parks Circle.
The Grand Rapids Original Swing Society held the title for three years, before losing it to a group in the state of Wyoming.
Back in 2012, they set the record with 756 participants.
Tonight, they are expecting more than 1,200 swing dancers to put Grand Rapids back on top.
Everything starts at 7 p.m. It's free to attend, and all ages are welcome.
5. Jim Harbaugh has entered the hip hop game, sort of.
Michigan's head coach is a featured co-star throughout hip hop artist bailey's new song/video entitled "Who's Got It Better Than Us?"
The video itself features Harbaugh singing, driving a bright yellow sports car inside Michigan Stadium and standing with Bailey inside Al Glick Fieldhouse.
Watch that video here.