SCHOOL CLOSINGS

Woman, dog found dead; suspected carbon monoxide exposure

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
police_lights_2

ORNONOKO TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A 78-year-old southwestern Michigan woman and her dog have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Anna Bacchiocci’s son and daughter-in-law found her body Sunday afternoon in the 4900 block of Appian Way in Berrien County’s Oronoko Township.

Police say in a release Monday that officers investigating the death also found the woman’s dog and quickly evacuated the home which was later found to have hazardous carbon monoxide levels.

Authorities are looking into whether Bacchiocci’s car was left accidentally running in the home’s attached garage.

Bacchiocci’s son and daughter-in-law, two police officers and two firefighters were treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s