We are FOX 17 News, a Tribune station in West Michigan, and we looking for our next main sports anchor. If your idea of a good sportscast is to simply deliver highlights and scores that I can get on my iPhone, this is not the job for you. You must be energetic, engaging and be ready to cover the real sports stories that our viewers care about in West Michigan. The next FOX 17 sports anchor must be a great storyteller who is also active on digital and social media. Strong time management skills are a must. Must be able to shoot video, edit, produce and be willing to cover daily news stories when needed. Minimum two years experience anchoring and reporting in a commercial broadcast newsroom is required. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. Apply online and include a link to your reel in your resume at http://www.tribunemedia.com.
The Sports Anchor enterprises and generates daily news stories for live broadcast, station website(s) and all current and future media platforms. In addition, the Sports Anchor/MMJ:
* 30% Shoots, produces and edits sports material.
* 30% Anchors sportscasts and liveshots as assigned.
* 20% Posts stories on station website.
* 20% Strategically engages in social media.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to shoot and edit with speed, efficiency and creativity in a newsroom or field environment.
* Ability to produce high quality stories across all content platforms.
* Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
* Non-linear editing experience preferred.
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 72 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.