1. If you live by the whole "apple a day" theory, you have good reason to double up here in Michigan!
Farmers across the state say they're expecting a record breaking harvest this year.
They're expecting nearly 31 million bushels of apples this fall. According to the Holland Sentinel, that’s 7 million more than last fall.
Rob Crane, from Crane Orchards in Fennville, told the Sentinel this could be their biggest harvest in history.
Farmers in Allegan and Kent Counties say good weather, denser planting, and better farming are adding up to a huge and healthy crop.
2. ArtPrize is just days away, and one company is offering you a fun way to cruise around downtown Grand Rapids to check it out.
The company Segway Tours of Grand Rapids is offering up visits to groups of up to 8 people.
Since the rides go just 12 miles an hour, it's a pretty convenient way to see all of the pieces on display.
Rides start at $50 per person, a personal tour guide will help you plan your trip and can show you around the city.
This year's ArtPrize competition runs from September 21 through October 9.
3. If the great outdoors is your playground, this is the place for you. The temporary MooseJaw is on Ionia Avenue in Grand Rapids in the newly renovated Klingman Lofts, which is right across from the downtown market.
They've got all kinds of outdoor clothing and gear that's great for climbing, backpacking, and more. During the first weekend of ArtPrize, there will be all kinds of grand opening events.
Officials say after the winter, they'll decide if they want to make the pop up store a permanent location.
4. Avast ye maties! There's a deal you can't refuse on this Talk Like a Pirates Day".
To celebrate, Krispy Kreme is offering some sweet booty to swashbucklers!
If you talk like a pirate, you'll get a free glazed donut, and if you dress like one, you'll get a dozen donuts!
You can also use the pirate filter on Snapchat to digitally dress like a pirate , you just have to show your snap to an employee.
Just make sure to call the Krispy Kreme near you to see if they're participating.
5. A pair of twin pandas finally have names, just a few months after they were born.
Their names are Jian Jian and Kang Kang. Their names mean good health in Chinese.
The twins were born back in late June in China, and were named on Saturday.
Residents recommended more than 1,700 names before the government settled on the final choices.
They've grown quite a bit, too. When they were born, they were less than half a pound, and now they're more than eight pounds.