1. Cyber Monday set a new record this year, raking in nearly $3.5 billion in sales.
Researchers say shoppers spent roughly 12 percent more than they did in 2015. Consumers spent more than $1 billion shopping on their tablets and smartphones.
2. The Holland Parade of Lights took place last night.
There was no need for snow to get into the holiday spirit, lots of colorful lights lit up 8th Street in downtown Holland.
Vehicles and even people covered themselves in lights for the annual event. There were even reindeer and an appearance from Santa.
More than 70 different businesses, Schools and non-profits took part in the event.
3. “The Signing Christmas Tree” will have its first performance at the Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts in Muskegon on Thursday.
It’s the 32nd year for the event, which has 300 singers standing on and around a 67-foot tall Christmas tree.
Tickets are $15 and performances run through December 3. Tickets are available at StarTickets.com or the Frauenthal Box Office.
4. The lineup has been released for next year’s Electric Forest Music Festival.
For the first time, with the festival held in Rothbury, will take place over the course of two weekends next year.
The first weekend is set for June 22 through 25 with musical acts like Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Wooly Mammoth, and The Fat Rat.
The second weekend will be June 29 through July 2 featuring Lettuce, Waka Flocka Flame, and Pillow Talk.
Loyalty program members can start getting tickets now, and general ticket sales will start on ***
5. We’ve seen mannequin challenges and lip-dubs going viral, but here’s a new take from one of our West Michigan schools.
Take a look at what students and teachers at Grandville Public were able to pull off!
They call it the “Mannedub,” they shot the entire thing earlier this week.
The whole video runs about nine minutes.