1. After hosting the annual ball drop for several years, 105.3 Hot FM will not be hosting the event again this year.
The station’s director of marketing said that there are too many challenges with changing locations and bad weather over the last few years.
In the past, the station hosted the drop at Rosa Parks Circle, Calder Plaza, and Founders Brewing
Hot FM says they’re going to take the money they would have used for the ball drop and put it towards other events in 2017.
2. Cannonsburg Ski Area plans to open on Saturday.
The slopes picked up nearly a foot of snow over the weekend, and the snow machines were running nonstop from Wednesday night through early Monday morning.
Some spots at Cannonsburg have as much as 10 feet of snow. That also means just about all the runs and the tubing hill will be open.
Hit the slopes near Rockford starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday.
3. If you’re still buying presents for people this holiday season, ship them out soon because shipping deadlines are coming up.
The post office plans to deliver 750 million packages, which is 12 percent more than last year.
To get gifts delivered by Christmas and the first night of Hanukkah, packages must get to the post office by Thursday if you choose standard ground delivery.
Fedex has a Friday deadline for standard ground service. For UPS, the dealine is Monday, December 19 for its three day select.
The three major carriers will deliver the week leading into Christmas, but it will cost more.
4. Not only can kids meet Santa, but pets can too!
Over the weekend, the Kent County Sheriff’s Department hosted families and their pets for a meet and greet with K9 Deputies.
The animals also got to take their picture with Saint Nick.
Celebration Cinema South hosted all the guests, and Pet Supplies Plus provided goodie bags.
5. After a 12-year-old girl helped raise funds to help bring the Mexican Wolves back to Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, a date has been set for their public debut.
The pair of wolves will meet the public this Friday at 5:30, and the public can help pick names for them.
If you plan on attending the ceremony, RSVP at binderparkzoo.org.