1. President-elect Donald Trump will meet with some top executives from the Tech Industry this afternoon.
The group includes leaders from Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, and others.
Much of Silicon Valley pulled out all the stops to oppose Trump’s campaign. More than 140 tech leaders even signed a public letter against Trump at one point.
One source says the focus will be on jobs and how the industry can help the government become more efficient.
2. Fallen Veterans will be honored around the country at Wreaths Across America on Saturday.
Many ceremonies will be taking place right here in West Michigan. People are being asked to come out and help lay the wreaths on veterans’ graves.
One ceremony will be at Fort Custer National Cemetery starting at 12 p.m.
Also staging will start at 11 a.m. at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Grand Rapids. For more details about locations and ceremonies you can visit WreathsAcrossAmerica.org.
3. More than two dozen penguins at John Ball Zoo got their annual physicals this week.
Each December, all 28 penguins get a physical exam, complete with a beak and nail trim, and they get their blood drawn.
The zoo’s veterinary staff and vet students from MSU form an assembly line to walk the penguins through each step. It took about two hours to complete.
4. Now through Sunday, Cirque Du Soleil will be performing at Van Andel Arena.
The show is described as energetic and colorful, and includes a cast of 50 performing artists from 12 countries specializing in acrobatics.
5. Aldi is getting ready to open another store in West Michigan.
There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at 8:45 a.m. on Thursday in Hastings.
After the ceremony, the first 100 shoppers will receive a golden ticket, each containing an Aldi gift card of various amounts.
Of course, they’ll have giveaways during the day with free samples.