WXMI FOX 17, a Tribune Media station in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has an opening for a Digital MMJ/Producer. The Digital MMJ will be responsible for gathering, writing, reporting and producing news content for station website, digital platforms and on-air broadcasts.
• Shoot, edit, write, produce and post news stories for broadcast and digital platforms. Shoot with reporters and operate live equipment
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency; post content accurately and timely on station website and social media
• Edit and post video content on multiple platforms
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Maintain awareness of local, national and international news
• Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• Broadcast journalism/reporting experience with demonstrated creative and innovative use of web/social media
• Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
• Demonstrated strong understanding of social media platforms
• Basic understanding of video editing/production and live ENG operations
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
ABOUT TRIBUNE MEDIA: Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online, including ScreenerTV.com and Covers.com. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media.