Boy, 11, burned after gas heater explodes in pet kennel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MARKLEVILLE, Ind. (AP) — An 11-year-old has suffered severe burns from an explosion inside a homemade kennel at an Indiana home.

Television station WRTV that the boy was trying to light a gas heater about 11 a.m. Saturday near Markleville when the explosion occurred.

Authorities say the heater was enclosed for some of the family’s pets.

Madison County Sheriff Scott Mellinger says other family members were about 100 yards away at the time.

The boy was being treated at a hospital. His condition was not immediately known.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s