Wood burner explodes at Ionia home, flies toward neighbor’s house

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

IONIA, Mich. — The Ionia Department of Public Safety says no one was injured when a wood burning stove exploded outside someone’s home.

It happened in the 1300 block of Dildine Road around 3 a.m. Thursday.

Deputies say the stove was inside an enclosure and began building up pressure before landing in the neighbor’s yard.

The steel burner stopped 150 feet away from the home it was being used to heat, almost hitting the home next door.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s