Man falls asleep cooking food, suffers smoke inhalation in resulting fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A man was hospitalized after suffering from smoke inhalation, when firefighters say he fell asleep while cooking food early Wednesday morning.

Fire crews responded for a possible fire on the eighth floor to the Ransom Tower apartment building at 50 Ransom Avenue in downtown Grand Rapids. Smoke had filled one of the apartment units.

A tenant had fallen asleep while cooking food. He was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.

As a fire crew worked to ventilate the unit, additional alarms sounded in the floors above, triggered by rising smoke.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s