Battle Creek fire leaves nurse with minor injuries

Fire unit front night

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — A nurse suffered some minor injuries after putting out a fire in a nursing home.

This happened last night just after 10 p.m. at the Battle Creek Manor Nursing Home.

Police say the fire was caused by a light fixture, and all residents were able to evacuate.

A nurse used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out before the fire department arrived.

The nurse was treated for breathing in the smoke from the flames and the chemicals in the extinguisher, but no other injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s