SCHOOL CLOSINGS AND DELAYS

No injuries in Grand Rapids house fire

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Grand Rapids Fire Department is reminding residents to always check their smoke detectors after an early-morning fire.

It happened Saturday on the corner of Douglas St. and Straight Ave just before 2 a.m.

Officials on scene say the fire started from objects sitting too close to the water heater in the basement.

There were no working smoke detectors in the house, but thankfully the homeowners woke up to the smell of smoke.

Seven units did respond to the call and there were no injuries reported.

The full extent of damage is not known.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s