WEST MICHIGAN — (FOX 17) — A strong cold front moved into West Michigan Saturday night and Sunday morning, and as it did, winds became quite strong. There were numerous reports of damage and power outages. Here is a look at some of the higher wind gusts observed:
- Grand Haven, 67 miles per hour
- Muskegon, 65 miles per hour
- Allendale (Evergreen Elementary), 56 miles per hour
- Marshall, 55 miles per hour
- East Grand Rapids, 58 miles per hour.
The winds are not nearly as strong this afternoon but still strong enough for wind chills to be in the single digits.
This cold air blowing across the relatively warm waters of Lake Michigan have resulted in some lake-effect snow showers. So far, accumulations have been minor, but the snow should get heavier overnight tonight.
We will have updates throughout the night on FOX 17 and online at http://www.fox17online.com/weather