Stove Fire Causes Hassle For Apartment Complex Residents

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAINT JOSEPH, Mich — Residents at an apartment complex in St. Joseph were temporarily evacuated after a stove caught fire.

Public Safety officers arrived to the Westview Apartments on Lake Shore Drive just after 9 p.m. Wednesday, after receiving reports of smoke coming under the door of one of the apartments.

When firefighters got inside the apartment, the resident was unresponsive on the couch. He was taken to the hospital to recover.

The other residents were temporarily housed in other complex buildings because of the heavy snow at the time, just as a precautionary measure. Responders stayed on scene to clear out the smoke from the hallways and, when it was clear, take the other residents back to their units.

The damage was limited to just the stove area and valued at less than $100.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s