GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is inviting families to play outside Saturday.
It’s hosting a Winter Family Day from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m., and the activities are included with the price of admission. There’s hot chocolate to sip while you take part in the fun.
- Watching an ice sculptor in action
- Making a snow painting and sculpture
- Designing a simple seed mosaic
- Making an old-fashioned toy
- Creating a grapevine bird feeder
- Taking an interpretive winter bird walk with a naturalist (1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.)
- Listening to winter-themed stories
Admission is $12 for adults, $6 for kids ages 5 to 13, $9 for seniors or students with ID, $4 for kids ages 3 to 4, and free for kids ages 2 and under.
Meijer Gardens is located at 1000 E Beltline Avenue NE in Grand Rapids.