Having trouble receiving FOX 17? Click here:

Colon Schools Close Because of Downtown Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

colon fire with smokeCOLON, Mich — Colon Community Schools in St. Joseph County dismissed students early Friday due to a water shortage following a restaurant fire. Classes were dismissed at 1:30 p.m. and students were bused home, the district said.

The fire broke out Friday morning at Curly’s Restaurant in the 100 block of East State Street, according to St. Joseph County Central Dispatch.  The restaurant is in Colon’s downtown district.  FOX 17 News has also learned there are multiple businesses inside the building.

Images show black smoke rising from the downtown area.

It is not clear how the fire started or how much damage was sustained.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • Edu Backlink Finder

    We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done a formidable job and
    our entire community will be thankful to you.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.