KALAMAZOO, Mich. – A 75-year-old woman was found dead in her home Wednesday evening, and investigators found extremely high levels of carbon monoxide inside.
It happened at a home in the 8000 block of N. 14th Street. Deputies with the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department were called to the address by family who found the deceased, and reported a strange smell coming from the house. Family members had just seen the victim alive only two hours prior to the discovery of her body.
Officials from Cooper Township Fire responded, and determined the carbon monoxide level was extremely high.
The incident is still under investigation, and an official cause of death has not yet been determined.