KEELER TWP, Mich — A father has been released from the hospital, but his two sons are still being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
A woman called police Sunday from Illinois for a welfare check on her husband. He and his two sons, 11 and 13, were supposed to be home but she couldn’t get in touch with them by phone.
Van Buren County deputies went to the home on West Avenue around 5:20 p.m. Sunday. The three people were not fully conscious, and acting strange. The officer on the scene had an ambulance come for an unknown medical problem, but then they spoke with the mother again who said the husband had been nervous the furnace was not working correctly.
All three of them were taken to Borgess-Lee Hospital in Dowagiac to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. The father was released early this morning, while the two boys remain hospitalized. They were transferred to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo and as of 7:30 a.m. Monday were in stable condition.