2 Taken to Hospital for Cleaning Solution Contact at Amway

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ADA TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Two people have been taken to the hospital, following injuries they sustained at Amway late Wednesday night, due to contact they had with a cleaning solution.

According to American Medical Response, one person suffered inhalation injuries, and the other had skin contact injuries.  Both are expected to be okay.

When a FOX 17 crew went to the scene, there were multiple units from the Ada Township Fire/Rescue Department and first response vehicles.  Attempts to gain additional information as to the nature and severity of the spill have so far been unsuccessful.

According to dispatchers, the Sheriff’s Department have already cleared the scene and Amway was handling the situation internally.

Amway has released the following statement of what happened:

During third-shift manufacturing operations, a leak of a common liquid disinfectant called hydroxysan occurred. Two employees were transported to receive medical treatment, and a Hazmat crew responded to the spill. The employees were treated and released.

Andrea Clark

Director, Public Relations

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.