House Fire Hospitalizes One, Causes More than $20,000 in Damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire-GRFD-trucks-nightGRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A house fire caused by the careless disposal of a cigarette sent one man to the hospital and caused $21,373 in damages at 5:30 on Monday, according to the Grand Rapids Fire Department.

The man was sent to the hospital so his lungs could be checked after excessive smoke inhalation.  Several animals, including seven dogs and two birds, were also pulled from the house at 1038 Dorchester Ave. SW.  One bird died.

The fire started in a bed on the second floor, according to firefighters.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s