Kids Set Apartment On Fire With Lighter

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALBION, Mich. – A 4-year-old and 6-year-old set an apartment on fire, sending one woman to the hospital, after playing with a lighter Monday night.

It happened in the 500 block of West Broadwell Street around 8 p.m. According to Albion Public Safety, firefighters saw smoke coming from a window on the second floor of the apartment. When they entered, bedding material was burning in the second floor bedroom.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, causing only minor damages to the apartment.

The woman resident was transported to a local hospital by an Albion Community Ambulance for smoke inhalation.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • Karena

    Why was a lighter accessible to the children in the first place, and why were the children not being supervised??? Imagine if firefighters hadn’t seen the smoke when they did…glad nobody was hurt!