Having trouble receiving FOX 17? Click here:

Family Displaced After Apartment Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Apartment FireGRAND RAPIDS, Mich- A family has been displaced after a fire broke out in their apartment Saturday afternoon.

The fire started around 2 p.m. at an apartment in the Park Place apartment complex in the 2200 block of Marshall Street SE. According to the Grand Rapids Fire Department at the scene, the fire possibly started in the kitchen of a 2nd floor apartment. The fire was contained to that apartment and knocked down quickly, but five other units suffered either smoke or water damage due to the fire.

Damage to the apartment is unknown at this time and the fire remains under investigation.

There were no injuries reported and the Red Cross is assisting the family that has been displaced.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.