MSU-College of Human Medicine-Secchia Center CLASSES ONLY Closed Students and staff should NOT report on Jan 6
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Michigan State University has shut down all of its East Lansing campuses for Monday. The following is news release from the school. Other closing information began pouring into FOX 17 Sunday evening.
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State University is suspending classes Jan. 6 for students at its East Lansing campus because of heavy snow and extreme wind chill temperatures.
MSU is switching to emergency procedures per the university’s emergency operations plan. Critical functions will be maintained, and only employees supporting those critical functions are expected to report to work on Jan. 6.
All electronic services will be maintained, and other business operations will be supported remotely to the extent possible. Campus events scheduled for Jan. 6 and in-person services will be suspended. University buildings will be closed to the public.
- All classes scheduled for Jan. 6 are canceled. Students should not come to campus. For students living in campus housing, one dining hall in each neighborhood will be open and serving food at regular hours. Olin Health Center will remain open.
- Classes at MSU’s medical campuses in Grand Rapids, Clinton Township and Detroit also will be suspended Jan. 6. Students in clerkships should check at their clinical sites to determine their hospital or clinic responsibilities.
- Only personnel supporting critical functions should report to work. Employees should contact their unit administrator with questions.
- Several clinics at the MSU Clinical Center will remain open; please call your clinic before coming to campus.
For those on campus:
- Drivers are encouraged to park in MSU ramps and surface lots already cleared of snow.
- The Veterinary Teaching Hospital will continue emergency services. Routine appointments will be re-scheduled.
- Intramural facilities and the library will be closed Jan. 6.
Students, faculty and staff should continue to check http://www.msu.edu for updates.