Having trouble receiving FOX 17? Click here:

Carbon Monoxide Scare at Grandville Police Department

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
grandville police

file photo

GRANDVILLE, Mich (February 18, 2014) – Employees at the Grandville Police Department were treated for Carbon Monoxide exposure overnight.

First responders were alerted to the situation after a Police Department employee began feeling ill and went to the Fire Department to be checked out.  During the evaluation, first responders determined the worker had been exposed to Carbon Monoxide to the level that required medical treatment.

Other employees on duty were also checked and then transported to Spectrum Butterworth by local emergency medical services providers for observation and treatment.

The Fire Department then conducted an investigation at the Police Department and located the probable source of the problem.  The building was ventilated and later cleared for occupancy at approximately 4:30 a.m.

The city’s heating, ventilation and cooling provider is currently at the Police Department taking corrective actions.

All employees that were taken to the hospital for treatment have since been released.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • penguinbird

    okay this is good they caught this before it got serious but i was in jail once and i complained that there was a possible carbon monoxide leak because i was feeling ill with a sudden headache. because there was no apparent reason for being ill i began to worry and they told me to shut up. they said "you shut up" and "its probably allergies so you shut up". i then thought "this is hell".

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.