Roof Ice Breaks Gas Meter, Walker House Catches Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Walker House FireWALKER, Mich. (March 10, 2014) — Emergency crews say a Walker house fire started Monday when an ice sheet fell off the roof and broke the gas meter.

The gas line ignited at approximately 3:28 p.m. in the 500 block of Cloverdale Avenue.  There was minimal damage to the interior of the home.

Everyone inside made it out safely, according to officials on the scene.  Crews are currently containing the fire until the gas line can be completely shut off.

No other details are available this time.  The fire remains under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s