Firefighters Rescue People Off Of Balconies After Fire Breaks Out In An Apartment Building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Apartment Fire GRGRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (March 15, 2014)- The Grand Rapids Fire Department is on the scene of a fire in the 2800 block of Marshall Ave. SE after a fire broke out in an apartment building at the Danbury Place Apartments trapping people on their 3rd floor balconies.

According to fire crews at the scene, the fire started around 3:30 p.m. inside one of the first floor apartments. When fire crews got on scene, they found people on their 3rd floor balconies needing to be rescued. With the use of ladder trucks they were able to rescue those people from their balconies. The fire was contained to the first floor apartment. But smoke damage is extensive through out the building.

Three people including an infant have been taken to local hospitals with first and second degree burns.  The Red Cross has been called out to assist the residents of the building.

The Grand Rapids Fire Department has called out an investigator to investigate the fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • jim

    I hope the fire marshal checks the fire extinguishers as when I worked there, they were not inspected in many years.
    Also the smoke alarms in the hall ways and storage rooms.